The term delivery manager is used to describe an essential set of skills on an agile team. It describes the person in a multi-disciplinary team whose primary focus is enabling that team to deliver value. This is achieved through creating the right environment for the team to succeed helping them to self organise and creating a transparent learning culture. Their focus is on the needs of others in the team using agile/lean tools and removing obstacles and blockers that may inhibit delivery. They work closely with the product manager (sometimes also known as product owner) who is focused on the vision, strategy and direction of the product whereas the delivery manager is concerned with making it happen. This is a vision/doer pairing. These 2 roles should not be performed by the same person as there needs to be a natural tension between what is required and what can be delivered, the pair striving for a positive compromise.
YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO SOMETHING BIG:
- Deliver projects and products using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently
- Work with the Product Manager to define the delivery roadmap for any given product and translate this into user stories
- Lead the collaborative, dynamic planning process – prioritising the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team
- Matrix-managing a multidisciplinary team
- Ensure all products are built to an appropriate level of quality for the stage (alpha/beta/production)
- Actively participating in the Delivery Manager community, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and bringing in best practice.
OUR IDEAL TEAMMATE HAS/IS:
- The delivery manager leads agile and lean practices on a team, using a variety of the tools and techniques in order to help the team maintain a delivery and learning tempo that ensures focus on delivering value against the product vision
- The DM will be skilled in Agile and lean and continually be learning new tools and when to apply them. In addition, they should be concerned with the help and happiness of team members and how they work together, sheltering them from external distractions and any politics, ensuring they are able to focus on the job at hand.
- The Delivery Manager is a coach, a communicator, an expectation manager, a facilitator and a diplomat. They can step in and run a retrospective or play Scrum Master if they are away. They can help uplift the Product Managers skills.
- In addition to maintaining the well-being of the core team they take on the more outward facing tasks traditionally the realm of the project manager such as financial tracking, hiring, stake holder management and reporting to the wider organization.
WHY JOIN US:
- 25 Days Paid Leave
- Supplemental Health & Dental Care
- Competitive Remuneration Package
- Exceptional Social Package & Special Discounts
- Innovative & Agile Teams
- Challenging Projects & Leading-edge Technologies
- Friendly & Supportive Atmosphere
- Socially Responsible Company
- Tech & Soft Skills Training
- Team Bonding Events
- Fruity Afternoons & Beer Thursdays
- Excellent Office Location & Facilities & a wonderful terrace
- Relaxing & Gaming Areas
- Free Bike Parking & Shower