We're looking for a DevOps Engineer to manage, troubleshoot, and improve the technical operations of an exciting social-commerce business. You'll be an active part of a friendly technical team comprising backend and mobile engineers and testers, and with lots of opportunity to interact with the full range of professional experts involved in the planning, design, and operation of our product.
You will be responsible for ensuring the successful operation of the platform, and for ensuring appropriate monitoring and alerting is in place. You will have a very close working relationship with the backend development team, helping to ensure the operational manageability of code deliveries, and coordinating the response to operational issues. We particularly need skilled engineers with excellent diagnostic and logical analysis skills, and an understanding of how to deliver and operate resilient services. But we also want you to really care about the final product and to be willing to put all of your skills and effort into ensuring we deliver the best possible experience for all our customers.
YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO SOMETHING BIG:
- Expertise with AWS, especially ECS, RDS, S3, SNS, SQS, Cloudwatch
- Experience with Linux and Docker containers
- Expert-level understanding of networking concepts from routing, DNS, VPCs, and VPNs through to load-balancing, etc.
- Expert-level understanding of HTTPS, caching, cookies, etc.
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code
- Experience in designing and implementing fault-tolerent services
- Experience in running services at large scale
- In-depth knowledge of cloud monitoring and alerting services and capabilities
- Awareness of security considerations and best practice
- Enjoys solving complex problems, and can logically work through an issue to resolution
- A clear and accurate communicator (both written and spoken)
OUR IDEAL TEAMMATE HAS/IS:
- Experience with Node.js, TypeScript, PostgreSQL, Git
- Knowledge of ITIL framework best practices for IT service management