- Proven development experience ideally in Python, Java or Go (other languages a benefit);
- An ability to focus on the detail to rapidly identify and resolve issues;
- Ambition to “Automate Everything”;
- Passion for open source technologies;
- Strong collaboration both within the team and across other infrastructure and development teams;
- Comfortable adapting to change and learning quickly in a fastpaced environment.
As a plus:
- Experience with container orchestration ideally Docker and Kubernetes;
- Public cloud exposure; Google GCP is ideal, but AWS or Azure is also valuable;
- Experience around security, whether at an application, infrastructure or cloud level;
- Hands on experience of build pipelines and software lifecycles ;
- Use and knowledge of common build tools, repositories and CD/CI tooling. (Git CI, Jenkins, Teamcity, Go ….) ;
- Experience using monitoring and alerting tools (e.g., NewRelic, Prometheus, Grafana);
- Proven commercial development experience;
- Knowledge of SCRUM or other Agile methodologies
We are developing a fully automated and scalable hybrid cloud platform spanning onpremise and public cloud infrastructures. With a primary focus on Kubernetes, we are designing solutions to enable our development teams to get resilient, high performance and production ready services to support their applications, while ensuring that we can scale the platform and supporting services out to multiple sites around the world in a fully automated way.
As part of this initiative we are building a Configuration & Deployment Team who will take the responsibility of the complex problem of configuration and release management across these fulfilment centres. We are building a the team with a strong focus on DevOps and focusing on faster time to market, low failure rate of new releases, short lead time between fixes and a fast mean time to recovery. You will be working closely with the stakeholders across our business including development teams, infrastructure team and the operations teams running our fulfilment centres.
You may also have responsibilities that relate solely to your local office or country e.g. HR and other officebased responsibilities, for which you will take direction from your local Head of Office. Your roles and responsibilities will likely change inline with business needs and as the company grows.