- Extensive experience developing micro-controller based control software for industrial applications.
- Experience with multi-axis motion control solutions preferably for material handling.
- Design and development of real-time control software and the use of Real Time OS.
- Min 3 years of experience developing high reliability software in C and min 1 year of experience developing Еmbedded Software.
- Good knowledge of Interfaces - UART, SPI, CAN, I2C etc.
- C++ experience (possibly using MISRA or JSF C++ standards) desirable .
- ARM (Cortex M4) experience desirable.
- Strong problem solving credentials, technical leadership and ability to innovate.
- A good degree, ideally in mechatronics, robotics or electrical engineering or a related subject.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the design and development of embedded control systems for new material handling products used in Ocado's heavily automated customer fulfilment centres.
- Participate in the continued development and maintenance of embedded control systems for existing material handling products used in Ocado's heavily automated customer fulfilment centres.
- Participate in defining architecture and strategy and take an active role in mentoring and training where appropriate.
- Work closely with other software development teams to define and maintain system interfaces to hardware.
- Actively contribute to the process of continual improvement, with regard to self, team and systems.
- Take a quality first approach to software / product development through use of modern development tools and processes.
- Work with external suppliers of both software and hardware on new and existing material handling products.
- Work closely with the business, engineering team(s) and other technology team(s) to define system behaviour and functional requirements.