- Proven development experience - ideally in Python or Go (other languages are a benefit)
- An ability to focus on the detail to rapidly identify and resolve issues
- Ambition to “Automate Everything”
- Passion for open source technologies
- Strong collaboration both within the team and across other infrastructure and development teams.
- Comfortable adapting to change and learning quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with container orchestration - ideally Docker and Kubernetes.
- Public cloud exposure; Google GCP is ideal, but AWS or Azure is also valuable.
- Experience around security, whether at an application, infrastructure or cloud level.
- Hands on experience of build pipelines and software lifecycles
- Use and knowledge of common build tools, repositories and CD/CI tooling.
- Experience using monitoring and alerting tools (e.g., NewRelic, Prometheus, Grafana)
- Proven commercial development experience
- Knowledge of SCRUM or other Agile methodologies
- Designing and maintaining the core platform and providing visibility of the state and health of all components.
- Managing the deployment pipelines and repositories to deploy into multiple remote sites and public cloud environments.
- Developing “operators” to automate the provision, maintenance and upgrade of core services.
- Constantly improving and refining the metrics and monitoring of the platform to detect problems before they impact our users.
- While having an eye for detail, you will be constantly architecting to design solutions that can be automatically deployed to numerous sites around the world.
- Providing advice, training and mentoring to development teams to help them build the best applications and services possible.
- Actively contributing to the process of continual improvement, with regard to self, team and systems.
- Supporting production systems as required outside of standard working hours and participate in 24x7 on-call rota.