THE TEAM: DATA TECH:
A programme that comprises a number of agile, cross-functional teams between London and Sofia. We grow data platforms, build front-end products and create predictive models for News UK. We focus on the capture, management and utilisation of customer, clickstream and content data, in order to drive growth and increase revenue for our users. Our users include the newsroom editors, marketing, advertising and product teams associated with our world-leading digital and print publications. Data Tech is a growth area in News UK and we strongly believe in giving our people a clear direction of travel with lots of autonomy to innovate. We want to attract people who have a passion for data and the bravery to take risks with bold ideas. We are building self-organised, highly motivated teams who have the curiosity to ask questions of everything and the optimism to take on exciting challenges.
We are looking for a passionate Analytics Implementation Engineer to be responsible for the design and implementation of digital analytics solutions for properties including thetimes.co.uk, thesun.co.uk, dreamteamfc.com, sunsavers.co.uk amongst others along with their associated mobile applications. The properties are built on a diverse set of technologies including traditional HTML websites, one-page HTML applications, native mobile applications as well as off-platform technologies such as Facebook Instant Articles and Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP)
YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO SOMETHING BIG:
- The creation and management of the web analytics Solution Design Reference for all of our digital products.
- The deployment and configuration of tracking solutions using tag management tools.
- Configuration and maintenance of report suites and variables in web analytics platforms as required.
- Produce technical specifications for development teams to follow to ensure a data layer is in place on websites.
- Produce technical specifications for development teams to follow to implement tracking solutions on mobile apps.
- Test solutions once deployed to identify gaps and issues and a) feed these back to development teams b) ensure the initial requirements are met.
- Perform regular and ad-hoc audits of tracking solutions as required.
- Maintain documentation of technical implementations
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- Experience of designing and implementing large digital analytics solutions that span web and mobile apps
- Knowledge of and experience using premium tag management tools such as Tealium, Ensighten, Signal, Google Tag Manager is desirable.
- Knowledge of configuring Google Analytics Accounts, Properties and their Custom Dimensions and Metrics as well as carry out Admin tasks in the Google Analytics Admin Console will be a bonus
- Understanding of mobile application development methodologies will be a bonus
THE COMPANY OFFERS:
- 25 Days Paid Leave
- Supplemental Health & Dental Care
- Competitive Remuneration Package
- Exceptional Social Package & Special Discounts
- Innovative & Agile Teams
- Challenging Projects & Leading-edge Technologies
- Friendly & Supportive Atmosphere
- Socially Responsible Company
- Tech & Soft Skills Training
- Team Bonding Events
- Fruity Afternoons & Beer Thursdays
- Excellent Office Location & Facilities & a wonderful terrace
- Relaxing & Gaming Areas
- Free Bike Parking & Showers