The successful candidate will need to liaise with the 3rd party’s technical support and design cohesive, fault tolerant architectures and data-flows.
This role is a unique opportunity to gain technical experience with a wide range of well-known enterprise software. Individuals on a career path towards consulting or contract development would be able to demonstrate an enviable array of skills after working at Zephr.
OUR IDEAL TEAMMATE:
- Comfortable with researching what a given 3rd party platform does, then reading through API documentation; mapping concepts in Zephr onto 3rd party platforms to provide useful interactions
- Ability to liaise with other developers internally, with customers, and with 3rd party vendors to aid in the development of current and future plugins
- Comfortable with the modelling of generic use cases for which plugins should cater
- Capable of independent research and learning, but able to ask questions and work in a team Security-minded and aware of basic security best practice
- Comfortable refactoring code and optimising for readability or performance where necessary.
- Understand the importance of documentation
- Able to derive broad, generic use cases from initial, customer-specific requirements
YOU’LL FIND THESE SKILLS USEFUL IN THIS ROLE IF:
- Java 8+: basic knowledge or a willingness to learn
- Familiarity with development tools such as JIRA & Git
- Familiarity with web application concepts:
- HTTP & ReST
- Headers, Cookies and authentication protocols
- Comfort with event-driven and asynchronous architectures
- Comfort applying hashing and cryptography techniques as required to authenticate with 3rd-party APIs
- Basic SQL skills
- Familiarity with Bash & basic *nix command-line tools
- Familiarity with tools such as (or similar to):
- SQL client(s)
- API mocking tools
- Multiple web browsers (Chrome, Firefox etc.)