We're looking for a Lead Developer to join our technical team! We're also interested in hearing from senior developers looking to take the next jump in their career and move into a leadership and mentoring position. You may have had some experience before and are looking for a supportive environment to guide your journey along this path.
Our teams find themselves working with a diverse range of clients, such as ITV, the Palaces of the British Royal Household, the country's top museums including Imperial War Museums and Royal Museums Greenwich, Government institutions like the National Crime Agency and Food Standards Agency, not for profits, including the Tony Blair Institute and London Zoo, cultural and event centres such as the Southbank Centre and the British Film Institute, higher education establishments such as the University of Derby and Middlesex University. We've even done work for the technology giants such as AWS, when they need our very particular set of skills.
You'll also get to work with a wide variety of the latest technologies. Our diverse client portfolio means we need to apply many different technologies in different situations. Recent projects have included developing isomorphic React applications, producing strongly typed functional code, deployment pipelines to Google Firebase and AWS Lambda, building Dockerised infrastructure, and contributing to open source projects.
If you can inspire a delivery team, have a passion for technical excellence, and have the communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with our clients, then this will be a great role for you.
YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO SOMETHING BIG:
- Developing innovative, high quality technical solutions
- Building relationships with clients and helping them to achieve their goals
- Using your insight to plan and drive project delivery in iterative time boxes (sprints)
- Giving code and experience back to open source communities
- Research new technologies and ways of delivering projects
- Presenting and rationalizing your work internally and to our clients
- Maintaining high-quality technical standards for all the agency’s output
- Guiding the team in your area of technical specialism
OUR IDEAL TEAMMATE HAS/IS:
- High competency in at least one of our core technology platforms:
- PHP: Drupal, Laravel, Symfony
- Python: Django
- 7+ years of commercial experience as a software engineer (must include agency experience)
- An ability to translate complex client requirements into a deliverable plan
- Having the interpersonal skills necessary to motivate an Agile cross-disciplinary project team for success
- A dedication to coding excellence and continuous personal development
- Worked with a good range of third-party APIs
- Familiarity with automated deployment systems and test frameworks
- Experience of planning and monitoring software delivery using Jira
- Contributions to, or stewardship of, an open-source project
- Presented at tech meet-ups or conferences