- Professional experience in Ruby and Rails.
- Good understanding of OO principles and solid CS knowledge.
- A belief that it’s a ridiculous idea that a software developer would not use version control.
- Agile methodology experience (TDD/BDD/XP/Scrum).
- Experience using a testing framework as part of your work process, not as an afterthought.
- Knowledge of databases (PostgreSQL/MySQL) beyond changing database.yml to not use sqlite.
- Comfortable on the Linux/Unix command line.
- Knowledge and experience with more than one language a distinct advantage.
- Work across the company’s entire set of subsystems and third party integrations.
- Work with the product team to deliver robust solutions.
- Participate in the company’s process from writing code, reviewing pull requests and continuously deploying.