The driving force behind the world’s leading platform for small business lending is our engineering team. We are a diverse group from more than 25 different countries and cultures who bring together a wide range of backgrounds and experience (from music to aerospace engineering).
We are focused entirely on using technology to provide the best experience for our borrowers and investors. We are doing this by building elegant, sustainable, and scalable solutions that can be applied globally. We work in small agile teams practicing continuous integration, TDD and are no strangers to pairing as we believe that working together is smarter than sitting in silos
YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO SOMETHING BIG:
- Become part of the up-and-coming FinTech sector by working for one of the most promising technologyintensive companies in the industry
- Collaborate as part of an agile cross functional team, as well as technology chapters
- Building great user experiences for customers
- Delivering innovation through software to automate processes that enable Funding Circle to operate at scale
- Using Ruby and Kafka currently and built entirely on AWS
- Supporting our production systems
- Collaborate with the brightest people in the industry in the US, UK, Bulgaria and other countries
- Become part of a dynamic, employee-oriented, fast growing company that is fun to work for
- See your work in production delivering benefits to our customers around the world and to Funding Circle
OUR IDEAL TEAMMATE HAS/IS:
- Solid experience in at least one of the following Back-end languages (Ruby, Python, Go, Scala, Java etc.)
- Strong fundamental programming skills (data structures, algorithms)
- Familiarity developing on Unix/Linux
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of Agile, Scrum, BDD, TDD and CI/CD
- An interest or experience in any of Functional Programming, Distributed Systems or Event-Driven Architectures
- A senior who is able to lead and influence architectural decisions whilst mentoring and up-skilling more junior members of the team
WHY JOIN US:
- We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by everyone.
- We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
- Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
- If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible