As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be a vital component of a team delivering quality software. You’ll interact with product owners and stakeholders, contribute to the technical conversations and ensure that what we build is best in class and fit for purpose. You’ll report into a Principal Engineer and will help him/her deliver on the technical strategy and tactical implementation. You’ll interact, communicate and collaborate with the engineers based in London and Bangalore.
YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO SOMETHING BIG:
- You’ll get involved with the technical direction as well as day to day coding standards and best practices.
- You’ll be a mentor to your peers and team members, a source of technical expertise and will participate in strategic conversations with the rest of engineering and the business.
- You’ll feel comfortable presenting to internal teams as well as external Meetups and the like, representing the engineering work at News UK.
OUR IDEAL TEAMMATE:
- You’re an engineer with a passion for well crafted and tested code, considering everything from architecture and security to performance.
- You understand agile methodologies and enjoy collaboration.
- You lead by example, encouraging your peers to improve continually.
- You have a continuous improvement mindset and are proactive in driving positive change, inspiring those around you to do the same.
- You love engineering and continuously want to learn more.
- You do thorough code reviews to be sure what we produce is of a very high standard.
- You understand the value of and are a practitioner of TDD/BDD.
- You’ll find these skills useful in this role:
- Good knowledge Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Terraform or other Infrastructure as Code (e.g. CloudFormation) knowledge
- Experience building test & delivery pipelines, especially with Circle CI
- Some experience with WordPress
Learn more about the tech stack and team culture here.