As a Senior Software Engineer, be working on a greenfield back-end system in Go, initially in a small, close-knit team with a strong say in the direction of the project. At the start, there'll be many architectural decisions to be made as well as key technological choices. This will involve creating and iterating on prototypes and drafting technical and design documents as necessary.
As one of the primary audiences for our platform will be other developers, focusing on their developer experience (DX) by automating repetitive tasks for integrations of new clients will be vital. There'll also be several cross-functional concerns such as orchestrating microservices, improving time to deployment, and reducing infrastructure costs with our metrics for success centred around sustainable delivery of change for the business.
You’ll evangelise and mentor in best practices with respect to; code, deployment, testing and distributed systems among engineers inside and outside the team.
OUR IDEAL TEAMMATE:
- You've worked on high-availability, low latency, fault-tolerant services and optimised code for performance and scalability because you care about small details that form a larger whole.
- You know why distributed systems are hard and what approaches to take. They’ve been deployed by yourself to AWS or another cloud provider.
- You're up-to-date with trends in best practice and emerging new technologies, with the ability to assess their costs, benefits and fit for the project. You love to embrace new stuff if it's the right thing to do!
- You are adamant that you own features from design to coding, to testing, to deployment, without throwing anything over a wall of some kind, and are passionate about CI/CD. In fact, delivering code into production should be so regular to you, there is no ceremony.
- Code craft is important and while software is about solving technical problems, developing code your colleagues also understand is tantamount to your thought process.
- You have a commitment to understanding production issues by any means necessary including; tracing, profiling and measuring to fix the root cause rather than providing a work-around or plastering the symptom.
- Previous experience with the subscription and payments domain would be ideal as would working with payment providers such as Stripe.
- 5+ years of full-stack backend production experience
- Experience in developing PaaS applications or large, distributed systems
- Kubernetes, Docker, Circle CI, protobuf/gob/gRPC, pprof, httptest
- Solid understanding of APIs, Caching, Relational and NoSQL Databases
- A disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Familiarity with tracing, monitoring, health checks, load-testing, capacity planning, feature flags, configuration management, discoverability
- Great communication and documentation skills targeted at cross-team collaboration
WHY JOIN US:
- 25 Days Paid Leave
- Supplemental Health & Dental Care
- Competitive Remuneration Package
- Exceptional Social Package & Special Discounts
- Innovative & Agile Teams
- Challenging Projects & Leading-edge Technologies
- Friendly & Supportive Atmosphere
- Socially Responsible Company
- Tech & Soft Skills Training
- Team Bonding Events
- Fruity Afternoons & Beer Thursdays
- Excellent Office Location & Facilities & a wonderful terrace
- Relaxing & Gaming Areas
- Free Bike Parking & Showers
Learn more about the tech stack and team culture here.