- Solving problems using a software development mindset.
- Designing deployment strategies and automation for cloud-native applications.
- Support automated build pipeline, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and test automation frameworks with tools such as Git, Jenkins, Chef, Terraform, Docker, and Istio.
- Develops automation using shell scripting, Linux, Perl, Python, and Packer.
- Works on implementing application monitoring and logging strategies using tools like New Relic and ElasticSearch.
- Assist building tools and services from scratch to fill the existing technology gaps.
- Works on troubleshooting application integration issues with development teams.
- Get requirements and facilitate infrastructure changes like Firewall rules, DNS, and load-balancers.
- Understands best practices for code promotion across the various environments. (builds, approvals, release) - understands SDLC and Agile/Iterative practices
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Software programming experience with any of these languages (Node.js, Python, Ruby, Java or .Net)
- Possesses a solid understanding of modern web application architecture, TCP/IP, HTTP, and complex cloud network and security topologies
- Hands-on experience with administering Linux systems.
- Scripting experience with Shell, Python, or Ruby.
- Experience with AWS services such as EC2, VPC, RDS, CloudWatch, CloudFront, Route53, etc.
- Familiarity with SQL and relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Redis)
- Knowledge of monitoring, logging and management tools or services that integrate with AWS.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services.
- Willingness to learn and build new tools from scratch.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE:
- Passion about technology and the solutions we are designing.
- Communication that is articulate, clear, and concise in regular conversation with your team and the wider stakeholder groups.
- Attention to detail and focused on the little things that make a difference.
- Delivery focus; pragmatic and driven to get solutions live.
- A proactive attitude that shows you are a self-starter who seeks out opportunities for yourself and your team.
- Awareness of industry trends, challenges, and best practices.
- A positive attitude generating enthusiasm among team members.
- Awareness of, and the ability to manage business and technology expectations.