The Sun is one of the UK’s strongest brands and, like all media organisations, is having to adapt rapidly to overcome the uncertainties of a fast-moving digital world. Our website The Sun is more than a newspaper. It is an instigator, an entertainer, a cultural reference point, a finger on the pulse, a daily relationship.
As the first Sun Engineer in Sofia you will have the chance to establish and manage the team. You’ll be also a vital component of a team delivering quality software. You’ll interact with product owners and stakeholders, contribute to the technical conversations and ensure that what we build is best in class and fit for purpose. You’ll report into a Principal Engineer and will help him/her deliver on the technical strategy and tactical implementation. You’ll interact, communicate and collaborate with the engineers based in London.
YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO SOMETHING BIG:
- You’ll get involved with the technical direction as well as day to day coding standards and best practices.
- You’ll be a mentor to your peers and team members, a source of technical expertise and will participate in strategic conversations with the rest of engineering and the business.
- You’ll feel comfortable presenting to internal teams as well as external Meetups and the like, representing the engineering work at News UK.
YOU'LL FIND THESE SKILLS USEFUL IN THIS ROLE:
- Experience with React, Flux and Redux
- Experience with Node JS and Express.js
- Experience in testing frameworks (Jest, Mocha, Enzyme
- Experience in AWS cloud platform
- The ability to mentor and coach junior team members
OUR IDEAL TEAMMATE:
- You are a software engineer with a passion for writing amazing code.
- You are always thinking about the underlying software architecture and how we can continually improve it
- You write clean code that is extremely important to you and you live by S.O.L.I.D. principles
- You are an advocate of Test Driven Development and understand why it is important to thе way you write code
- You champion pair programming
- You are comfortable working in an Agile environment and know the value of the agile ceremonies
- You have a passion for solving complex problems
- You are a team player and love collaborating with others
- You are actively involved in software community events or meetups
- You enjoy working in a social workplace