Sun Mobile is part of a thriving engineering community in Technology who design, develop and operate all of News UK's customer-facing products and platforms. Our team creates and supports the digital platform for The Sun’s mobile application which delivers The Sun experience via iOS and Android to complement the web. Our agile team is highly collaborative, working closely with our product and business partners to deliver value to our customers. We are cross-functional, autonomous engineers that are empowered to design, write, test, deploy and support their code.
As a Senior/Lead Mobile Engineer, you’ll be a key component of a team delivering quality software. You’ll interact with product owners and stakeholders, contribute to the technical conversations and ensure that what we build is best in class and fit for purpose. You’ll report into a Principal Engineer and will help him/her deliver on the technical strategy and tactical implementation. You’ll interact, communicate and collaborate with the engineers based in London.
YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO SOMETHING BIG:
- You’ll get involved with the technical direction as well as day to day coding standards and best practices.
- You’ll be a mentor to your peers and team members, a source of technical expertise and will participate in strategic conversations with the rest of engineering and the business.
- You’ll feel comfortable presenting to internal teams as well as external Meetups and the like, representing the engineering work at News UK.
YOU'LL FIND THESE SKILLS USEFUL IN THIS ROLE:
- Native Mobile application development experience - at least one of the following: Android, iOS or React Native
- Expertise and/or willingness to work with different languages and frameworks for mobile development
- Firm grasp of object-oriented software development and tiered design
- An ability to deliver solutions with UI/UX principles in mind
- Quality-led approach to development (UI/Unit Testing)
- Experience with CI/CD tools and practices
- Experience with mobile development issues related to performance optimisation, caching, security and native components / SDKs
OUR IDEAL TEAMMATE:
- You are a software engineer with a passion for writing amazing code.
- You understand agile methodologies and enjoy collaboration
- You lead by example, encouraging your peers to improve continually.
- You have a continuous improvement mindset and are proactive in driving positive change, inspiring those around you to do the same.
- You do thorough code reviews to be sure what we produce is of a very high standard.
- You understand the value of and are a practitioner of TDD/BDD and DevOps as part of development.
THE COMPANY OFFERS:
- 25 Days Paid Leave
- Supplemental Health & Dental Care
- Competitive Remuneration Package
- Exceptional Social Package & Special Discounts
- Innovative & Agile Teams
- Challenging Projects & Leading-edge Technologies
- Friendly & Supportive Atmosphere
- Socially Responsible Company
- Tech & Soft Skills Training
- Team Bonding Events
- Fruity Afternoons & Beer Thursdays
- Excellent Office Location & Facilities & a wonderful terrace
- Relaxing & Gaming Areas
- Free Bike Parking & Showers