Technical Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience with PHP 5.6+ / 7.x to apply for this Senior position
- Strong command on MVC design pattern and PHP Frameworks (Symfony/Laravel/etc.)
- Hands on experience with complex MySQL queries, database design and performance optimization
- Passion for coding and finding solutions
- The ability to work in a test-driven environment
- You are a high-energy, self-motivated, and passionate backend developer.
- You are tired of seeing your talent wasted on meaningless projects.
- You want a decent budget to explore your ideas, proper deadlines, and you wish you could work with other amazing people across the world?
If so, we would like to hear more from you.
- Experience with unit testing and integration testing - PHPUnit
- Knowledge in Docker, AWS, MongoDB
- Willingness to debug complex issues found in production between multiple systems or services
- Relevant degree in Engineering
- A few years of experience in nerf battles (optional, but you may suffer otherwise)
- Ping pong mastery (optional)
Currently, one of our most exciting projects is the migration to an elegant, sustainable, and scalable infrastructure on a global scale, through an exciting program: microservices, CQRS, event sourcing, Kafka, REST APIs, salesforce integration, docker, AWS.
In further detail, the Senior PHP Engineer will be:
- Developing new features and enhancing existing ones
- Designing software architecture and implementing critical software tools for our platform
- Managing, maintaining, and extending highly scalable enterprise web applications.
- Constantly improving the current code base, a standard (but cool) Symfony 2 stack
- Creating efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules, including responsibility for clean and reusable code
- Investigating and resolving performance issues on our online platform
- Staying aware of security trends in PHP
- Constantly improving yourself by learning new technologies and concepts following best industry practices