- 3+ years of overall Software Engineering experience. Ideally you will have at least a years worth of experience in Ruby
- Good understanding of OO principles and solid CS knowledge.
- A belief that it’s a ridiculous idea that a software developer would not use version control.
- Agile methodology experience (TDD/BDD/XP/Scrum).
- Experience using a testing framework as part of your work process, not as an afterthought.
- Knowledge of databases (PostgreSQL/MySQL) beyond changing database.yml to not use sqlite.
- Comfortable on the Linux/Unix command line.
- Knowledge and experience with more than one language a distinct advantage.
- Work across our entire set of subsystems and third party integrations.
- Communicate and coordinate efforts with remote engineering teams and business partners
- Participate in our process from writing code, reviewing pull requests and continuously deploying.
- be generous with your time and expertise to teach stakeholders and our fellow engineers how to answer their own questions with tools you build.