Senior Java Software Engineer
OCA – SSE
- Demonstrable Java programming ability with in-depth understanding of underpinning techniques
- Experience in the full Software Development life-cycle from design to deployment
- Understanding of databases
- Demonstrates intellectual rigour, possesses relevant abilities & is able to pick up new skills quickly
- Able to solve complex problems, participates in continuous improvement, adapts the ideas of others
- Proactive approach, gets things done, demonstrates accountability & ownership, prioritises own workload
- Ability to apply learned skills, awareness beyond immediate area/role
- Able to work under pressure, flexible, positive & focused during times of change
- Strong verbal and written communication in English and Bulgarian. Robust interaction with internal clients
- Works well with others & actively contributes towards team objectives
- Knowledge of SCRUM or other Agile methodologies
- Proven ability of tackling challenging projects
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information
- Technology or similar technical degree
- Strong secondary education in Maths, Physics and/or other numerate subjects.
- Participate effectively in all aspects of software development process
- Support production systems as required
- Mentor Junior Developers and take an active role in their development
- Work closely with team leaders to set technical direction within the team and to ensure software developed is of a consistently high standard, cohesive and meets business objectives.
- Attend regular meetings to report on progress and share ideas
- Reporting and management upwards to Team Leader and technology management so they are well informed of the work currently in development. Actively contribute to the process of continual improvement, with regard to self, team and systems
- Actively contribute to the process of continual improvement, with regard to self, team and systems
- Ensure that all software developed satisfies all business requirements as specified and adheres to all development standards, policies and procedures. In particular, that all code is developed in line with Ocado security best practice guidelines.
- Be prepared to work on different projects and/or rotate through teams according to business needs and/or agreed development objectives
- Assisting all team leaders to ensue projects are accurately estimated and delivered to schedule.
- Working closely with Team Leader on issues related to requirements and design.