The driving force behind the world’s leading platform for small business lending is our engineering team. We are a diverse group from more than 25 different countries and cultures who bring together a wide range of backgrounds and experience (from music to aerospace engineering).
We are focused entirely on using technology to provide the best experience for our borrowers and investors. We are doing this by building elegant, sustainable, and scalable solutions that can be applied globally. We work in small agile teams practicing continuous integration, TDD and are no strangers to pairing as we believe that working together is smarter than sitting in silos.
- Become part of the up and coming FinTech sector by working for one of the most promising technology intensive companies in the industry.
- Collaborate as part of an agile cross functional team, as well as technology chapters
- Building great user experiences for customers
- Delivering innovation through software to automate processes that enable Funding Circle to operate at scale
- Using Clojure, Kafka, React and Ruby currently and built entirely on AWS
- Supporting our production systems
- Collaborate with the brightest people in the industry in the US, UK, Bulgaria and other countries
- Become part of a dynamic, employee oriented, fast growing company that is fun to work for
- See your work in production delivering benefits to our customers around the world and to Funding Circle
OUR IDEAL TEAMMATE HAS/IS:
- Strong fundamental programming skills (data structures, algorithms)
- Familiarity developing on Unix/Linux
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of Agile, Scrum, BDD, TDD and CI/CD
- An interest or experience in any of Functional Programming, Distributed Systems or Event Driven Architectures
- Ability to mentor and coach more junior engineers