We are looking for a talented and passionate Senior Test Automation Engineer to join our team based in Sofia, Bulgaria. You’ll be an important part of a team delivering quality software. This is a lead role requiring you to show autonomy, initiative and good judgement. You will help define, implement and continuously improve a testing strategy, aiming to automate as much as possible.
YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO SOMETHING BIG:
- You’ll work in an agile environment with product teams and business analysts to ensure that tickets are clearly understood and are testable.
- You’ll collaborate with your peers across QA, engineering and other disciplines both in Sofia and in London to advocate a test-driven development approach and evangelise the importance of quality.
YOU'LL FIND THESE SKILLS USEFUL IN THIS ROLE:
- A solid understanding of testing methodologies, principles and tools.
- A collaborative and engaging approach to team-driven outcomes.
- A willingness to broaden your knowledge of testing by learning new skills, tools and approaches.
OUR IDEAL TEAMMATE:
- You’re a seasoned QA professional who can make right judgment calls based on a sound knowledge of the testing pyramid and best practices.
- Your experience has covered the breadth of testing, including APIs, microservices, UI, load, performance, security, and perhaps contract testing.
- Maybe you have previously written performance tests for high traffic websites and understand its impact on improving SEO.
- You are familiar with shell scripting, AWS and Docker and know how to create a test automation framework from scratch.
- You’ll feel comfortable presenting to internal teams as well as external Meetups, representing the QA work at News UK.
- You have a good understanding of CI/CD pipelines such as CircleCI and can integrate tests as code.
- You understand visual testing frameworks (e.g. BackstopJs, AyeSpy, Applitools) and React Storybook.
WHY JOIN US:
- 25 Days Paid Leave
- Supplemental Health & Dental Care
- Competitive Remuneration Package
- Exceptional Social Package & Special Discounts
- Innovative & Agile Teams
- Challenging Projects & Leading-edge Technologies
- Friendly & Supportive Atmosphere
- Socially Responsible Company
- Tech & Soft Skills Training
- Team Bonding Events
- Fruity Afternoons & Beer Thursdays
- Excellent Office Location & Facilities & a wonderful terrace
- Relaxing & Gaming Areas
- Free Bike Parking & Showers
Learn more about the tech stack and team culture here.