As a Senior Web Engineer, you’ll be a vital component of a team delivering quality software and working on a strategic large-scale project including complex WordPress product development. You’ll interact with product owners and stakeholders, contribute to the technical conversations and ensure that what we build is best in class and fit for purpose. You’ll report to a Principal Engineer and will help him/her deliver on the technical strategy and tactical implementation. You’ll interact, communicate and collaborate with the engineers based in London and Bangalore.
YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO SOMETHING BIG:
- Strong knowledge of PHP and/or WordPress
- Ideally commercial experience building complex applications in another PHP framework (e.g. Symfony, Laravel)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to assess and evaluate new technologies quickly
- Leading and nurturing developers of different abilities
- A desire to work with infrastructure technologies (e.g. AWS Lambdas/SNS/SQS, Terraform)
OUR IDEAL TEAMMATE HAS/IS:
- You enjoy working across the stack and learning new technologies
- You are an expert in PHP and/or WordPress and work according to the best practices
- You’re an engineer with a passion for well-crafted and tested code, considering everything from architecture and security to performance.
- You lead by example, encouraging your peers to improve continually.
- You do thorough code reviews to be sure what we produce is of a very high standard.
- You understand the value of and are a practitioner of TDD/BDD.
- You understand agile methodologies and enjoy collaboration.