PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
This role sits within the "Tech" team. The drivers behind Funding Circle's platform - brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers.
Funding Circle is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer with a drive and passion for technology and designing first in class cloud infrastructure. This is a fantastic opportunity within a globally Agile business delivering a next generation financial platform. If you enjoy automation, working with cutting edge technology and helping define and steer the technical direction of a global brand then this role is for you.
Be an automator: we're using cutting-edge technology to facilitate automation and repeatability. We practice continuous integration and are working towards continuous deployment.
Be a builder: our engineers are building and expanding our highly-available architecture to handle over $2 billion in loans originated through our pipeline.
Be a game changer: we're builing infrastructure that has a competitive edge: we're using technologies like Kubernetes, Apache Kafka, Serverless
Be a collaborator: you'll be expected to forge deep bonds with your business counterparts to truly understand the needs of our Borrowers and Investors.
We work in an Agile environment including pair programming and daily standups.
Be a teacher: be generous with your time and expertise to continue the development of our world-class engineering team.
OUR IDEAL TEAMMATE HAS:
- Expert knowledge in working in cloud-based infrastructure (AWS)
- Experience in one or more coding languages, preferably Go, Ruby, Node
- Capable of architecting security and compliance best practices into global cloud infrastructure
- At ease troubleshooting in complex environments using monitoring and logging tools (such as New Relic, Prometheus, Graylog and Kibana)
- Solid knowledge and experience of Terraform
- Experience in requirements identification, solution analysis, and product selection
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
WHY JOIN US:
By joining us you will enjoy unparalleled opportunities to a rewarding & diverse career path. Here are some of the perks you will also enjoy:
- 25 Days Paid Leave
- Supplemental Health & Dental Care
- Competitive Remuneration Package
- Exceptional Social Package & Special Discounts
- Innovative & Agile Teams
- Challenging Projects & Leading-edge Technologies
- Friendly & Supportive Atmosphere
- Socially Responsible Company
- Tech & Soft Skills Training
- Team Bonding Events
- Fruity Afternoons & Beer Thursdays
- Excellent Office Location & Facilities & a wonderful terrace
- Relaxing & Gaming Areas
- Free Bike Parking & Showers
Learn more about the tech stack and team culture here.