Java Software Engineer
OCA – SE
- Demonstrable Java programming ability with in-depth understanding of underpinning techniques
- Experience in the full Software Development life-cycle from design to deployment Understanding of databases
- Ability to have a positive impact on others and communicate openly and directly to individuals or groups at all levels
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Comfortable with highly numeric applications
- Demonstrates intellectual rigour, possesses relevant abilities and is able to pick up new skills quickly.
- Able to solve complex problems, participates in continuous improvement, adapts the ideas of others.
- Demonstrates a proactive approach, getting things done, demonstrates accountability & ownership, prioritises own workload.
- Ability to apply learned skills, awareness beyond immediate area/role.
- Able to work well under pressure, flexible, positive & focused during times of change.
- Strong verbal and written communication in English & Bulgarian. Good interaction with internal clients.
- Works well with others and actively contributes towards team objectives
- Knowledge of SCRUM or other Agile methodologies
- Proven ability of tackling challenging projects
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or similar technical degree
- Strong secondary education in Maths, Physics and/or other numerate subjects.
- Participate effectively in all aspects of software development process
- Support production systems as required
- Work closely with Team Leaders, Team Members and Customers on issues related to design and requirements.
- Attend regular meetings to report on progress and share ideas
- Reporting upwards to Team Leader so they are well informed of the work currently in development.
- Actively contribute to the process of continual improvement, with regard to self, team and systems
- Ensure that all software developed satisfies all business requirements as specified and adheres to all development standards, policies and procedures. In particular, that all code is developed in line with Ocado security best practice guidelines.
- Be prepared to work on different projects and/or rotate through teams according to business needs and/or agreed development objectives