The PHP / WordPress developer will work within a large software team to help drive our digital transformation. Based in Sofia, Bulgaria, and reporting into the Head of Development, this role will work on next generation platforms within a large multi-site platform.
This individual should have at least 3+ years of experience of developing solutions using PHP, JS, MySQL and related technologies, as well as experience in using WordPress (multisite) and React.
You will have the chance to work in a fast-growing, highly entrepreneurial start-up company backed by a large media organization as well as being part of a team that is fast becoming a global media business with cutting edge technologies
In addition to, you will provide and receive help and knowledge from/to most of the teams in the company.
YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO SOMETHING BIG:
- Work within a cross functional squad to create “next generation” software solutions
- Develop scalable solutions with a focus on scalability, performance, quality and speed
- Work on user journey orchestration projects and provide integrations to DMP, JOE’s and our Data Warehouse
- Create a large scalable multi-site environment
- Ensure that the websites are all optimised for SEO performance
OUR IDEAL TEAMMATE HAS/IS:
- Fluent in PHP, My SQL, WordPress (multisite), Drupal, Joomla & other open-source tools
- Proficient with relational (SQL) and non-relational database platforms
- Knowledge on eCommerce (Payment Gateways, Shopping Carts, SEO Friendliness Coding, etc)
- Good understanding of integrating RESTful APIs, common WordPress plugins and WordPress template
- A friendly, influential and collaborative approach to the people you work with
- Bachelor's degree (In Tech or Computer Science-related field)
- Having a problem-solving attitude and an analytical mind
- Strong spoken English and good written English
- Experience with modern software development practices including TDD and CI/CD
- Knowledge of JS frameworks such as React, Angular, jQuery
- Experience in any MVC Framework (Laravel, Yii, CodeIgniter, Symfony, Cake or Zend etc.) would be a bonus