The Data Technology team in News UK uses data and machine learning to power the newsroom, digital products, marketing, advertising and operations parts of our business. We are a multi-disciplinary team that includes data engineers, data scientists and data product development specialists. Data scientists are focused on developing predictive models that are productionised at scale, and tools and solutions with data and machine learning at their core that help the business improve or automate their existing workflows, or create value for the business in new and previously impossible ways.
- You will be part of the centralised data science team and work closely with our data scientists to operationalise machine learning pipelines.
- You will develop and implement effective data processing architectures/pipelines
- You will also collaborate with the data warehouse and data platform teams.
- You will participate at meetups, conferences and the research community and apply what you’ve learned back at your daily work.
- You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of interesting topics from operationalizing machine learning models to helping train recommender systems on terabytes of data.
- As part of the data science team, you will also be given a lot of responsibilities to help shape the data architecture for the team.
OUR IDEAL TEAMMATE:
- We develop data products powered by machine learning. You need to be strong in design, coding and scripting
- You have previous development experience in enterprise/web/ cloud based applications
- You have strong knowledge of programming/scripting/querying languages including: Object-Oriented Languages, Python, Spark, SQL and shell scripts
- You have experience designing, implementing, and supporting data ingestion pipelines for enterprise-scale datasets using Big Data tools such as Spark or Kafka
- You demonstrate knowledge of and ability to create machine/deep learning infrastructure that operationalises data science models for broad consumption
- You have experience of deploying machine learning models in production as APIs using Flask or similar
- We have massive scale. You need to have experience in distributed, scalable systems such as Big Query or AWS Redshift or similar
- We are a growing, diverse team and we work together across multiple locations. We love to collaborate/help each other and we want someone to share that ideology
- You have excellent communication and collaboration skills
THE COMPANY OFFERS:
- 25 Days Paid Leave
- Supplemental Health & Dental Care
- Competitive Remuneration Package
- Exceptional Social Package & Special Discounts
- Innovative & Agile Teams
- Challenging Projects & Leading-edge Technologies
- Friendly & Supportive Atmosphere
- Socially Responsible Company
- Tech & Soft Skills Training
- Team Bonding Events
- Fruity Afternoons & Beer Thursdays
- Excellent Office Location & Facilities & a wonderful terrace
- Relaxing & Gaming Areas
- Free Bike Parking & Showers