We are a passionate team of data scientists, engineers and experts who use machine learning and data to power the digital product, marketing and advertising experience of customers across our many brands, build innovative tools for our newsrooms and govern the effective and ethical use of data.
Our award winning initiatives include James, which powers content discovery for Times and Sunday Times subscribers (Best use of analytics at the loyalty awards, Best commercial use of data and second place globally at INMA), and INCA, our suite of tools for to power workflows and aide decision making in our newsrooms (Best technical innovation at the Drum’s online media awards).
Our team work on a modern cloud stack, including GCP and AWS, multiple Python, deep learning and cloud based tools and frameworks for machine learning, with specialisms in natural language processing, and React, GraphQL, Node, D3 for developing APIs and flexible front end product components and data visualisation.
We are seeking an amazing Data Architect to work within the Data Governance function to establish comprehensive inventories of our data and to document the ‘as is’ data flows across our organisation; create and maintain ‘to be’ data flows following our governance principles; provide technical architectural input and support into design and implementation of the ‘to be’ governance initiatives, company policies and industry standards.
OUR IDEAL TEAMMATE HAS:
- Experience in relational and data warehouse modelling and querying. (ideally but not essentially using Google BigQuery and AWS)
- Knowledge of end-to-end data architecture mapping and reverse engineering.
- Knowledge of ETL processes and tools.
- Technical documentation including data architectural diagrams following standard notations.
- Understanding of data privacy, security and other governance domains (e.g. data quality, lineage etc.).
- Problem solving involving deep-dive analysis on complex data sets
YOU WILL GET BROWNIE POINTS FOR:
- Understanding of GDPR, PECR requirements
THE COMPANY OFFERS:
- 25 days paid leave to enjoy with your family and friends
- Premium Additional Health Insurance for you with an option to add a family member
- Exceptional Social Package & Special Discounts
- Multiple Tech & Non-Tech events
- Fruity Afternoons & Beer Thursdays
- Excellent Office Location close to the South Park & Paradise Mall
- A wonderful mountain-view terrace available to relax, party & work from
- Free Bike Parking