We are seeking an exceptionally talented Full-stack Software Engineer (mostly Java in the backend) to join our global Front Office Support and Automation team. The Front Office Support team serves as a liaison between the 3rd party trading vendors we use as part of Front Office Trading, our internal teams and the end users of these systems.
YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO SOMETHING BIG:
- The Software Engineer will design, develop, deploy and support functionality custom to the needs of our various Fundamental Equity and Tactical Trading Portfolio Managers, Traders, and Analysts.
- You will be responsible for helping to automate various manual practices such as onboarding, alerts, reporting, and integration.
- A successful candidate will help automate and optimize our processes and run projects we take on to enhance our vendor platforms.
OUR IDEAL TEAMMATE HAS/IS:
- Expertise developing in Java (8 and above preferably)
- Experience with relational databases (SQL)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with shell scripting
- Strong ownership experience and a track record of delivering results
- Knowledge of Spring Boot
- Background knowledge or interest in Python is considered a plus
- Experience with event-driven frameworks such as Kafka, RabbitMQ
- Experience integrating with backend services such as ORM frameworks (Hibernate, JPA, etc.)
- Experience with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipeline (Git, GitHub, Jenkins)
- Experience with testing instruments and TDD (Test Driven Development) approach
- Familiarity with ReactJs