We are a diverse and dynamic team that is expanding. We have a great office, a flexible working pattern and a great team environment. We’ll help you deliver your best work and grow you with career and personal development through training, conferences and courses.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace. We are a diverse team and want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
You are a talented and passionate Software Engineer who will seed our Web Platform team in Sofia. You’ll be a key component of a team delivering quality software. You’ll interact with product owners and stakeholders, contribute to the technical conversations and ensure that what we build is best in class and fit for purpose. You’ll report in to a Principal Engineer and will help him/her deliver on the technical strategy and tactical implementation. You’ll interact, communicate and collaborate with the engineers based in London and Sofia.
YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO SOMETHING BIG:
- You’ll be involved with the technical direction as well as day to day coding standards and best practices.
- You’ll be a mentor to your peers and team members, a source of technical expertise and will participate in strategic conversations with the rest of engineering and the business.
- You’ll feel comfortable presenting to internal teams as well as external Meetups and the like, representing the engineering work at News UK.
OUR IDEAL TEAMMATE:
- You’re a true engineer with a passion for well-crafted and tested code, considering everything from architecture and security to performance.
- You understand agile methodologies and enjoy collaboration.
- You have a continuous improvement mindset and are proactive in driving positive change, encouraging those around you to do the same.
- You love engineering and constantly want to learn more.
- You do thorough code reviews to be sure what we produce is of a very high standard.
- You understand the value of and are a practitioner of TDD/BDD and understand the value of DevOps and building in metrics during development.
- Exposure to Node JS and Express framework
- HTML, CSS3 and CSS pre-processors and frameworks
- React and Flux/Redux for building responsive user interfaces and SPAs
- Strong experience designing, building, maintaining & integrating with REST APIs.
- Build and packaging tools (e.g. Grunt, Gulp, NPM or Yarn)
- Quality-led approach to development
- An interest in CI/CD tools and practices and a DevOps mindset.
- Modern web concepts (Service Workers, Responsive Web Design, Progressive Web Apps, HTTP / 2)
THE COMPANY OFFERS:
- 25 Days Paid Leave
- Supplemental Health & Dental Care
- Competitive Remuneration Package
- Exceptional Social Package & Special Discounts
- Innovative & Agile Teams
- Challenging Projects & Leading-edge Technologies
- Friendly & Supportive Atmosphere
- Socially Responsible Company
- Tech & Soft Skills Training
- Team Bonding Events
- Fruity Afternoons & Beer Thursdays
- Excellent Office Location & Facilities & a wonderful terrace
- Relaxing & Gaming Areas
- Free Bike Parking & Showers