- Helping to build effective agile team processes that enable high throughput
- Fostering high motivation, happiness and morale in the team
- Fostering collaboration within and between teams
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Creating feedback loops at all levels
- Line management and personal development for a team of 6-8 software and operations engineers
- Managing, mentoring and running a technically focused team
- Passion for coaching and developing individuals
- Conflict resolution (management of different personalities)
- Helped build and maintain a support rota
- Been working with Scrum, Kanban or other Lean methodologies
- A good understanding of the full software development lifecycle
- Experience of workflow tools (such as Jira/Gitlab Agile Boards)
- A continuous delivery approach and mindset
- Designing and maintaining the core platform and providing visibility of the state and health of all components.
- Managing the deployment pipelines and repositories to deploy into multiple remote sites and public cloud environments.
- Developing “operators” to automate the provision, maintenance and upgrade of core services.
- Constantly improving and refining the metrics and monitoring of the platform to detect problems before they impact our users.
- While having an eye for detail, you will be constantly architecting to design solutions that can be automatically deployed to numerous sites around the world.
- Providing advice, training and mentoring to development teams to help them build the best applications and services possible.
- Actively contributing to the process of continual improvement, with regard to self, team and systems.
- Supporting production systems as required outside of standard working hours and participate in 24x7 on-call rota.