As a Principal Engineer you will work alongside our engineers, product owners and stakeholders based in London and Sofia to lead and steer the technical conversations and ensure that what we build is best in class and fit for purpose. Working with the Head of Engineering, you’ll be responsible for the technical strategy and the tactical implementation, as well as helping with hiring, growing and running our team.
YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO SOMETHING BIG:
- You’re a true engineer with a passion for well-crafted and tested code, considering everything from architecture and security to performance. You understand agile methodologies and enjoy collaboration. You lead by example, encouraging your peers to constantly improve. You have a continuous improvement mindset and are proactive in driving positive change, encouraging those around you to do the same.
- You will be involved with leading technical direction as well as day-to-day coding standards and best practices. You’ll be a mentor to your peers and team members, a source of technical expertise and will participate in strategic conversations with the rest of engineering and the business. You’ll feel comfortable presenting to internal teams as well as external Meetups and the like, representing the engineering work at News UK.
OUR IDEAL TEAMMATE HAS/IS:
- Node and React.js (React Native is a bonus)
- Git knowledge and an understanding of branching strategies
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Best practices in code reviewing and strive for hitting high standards
- Experience with pair programming
- Experience in continuous integration, deployment, and delivery
- Ability to lead and inspire teammates
- Eagerness and enthusiasm to teach and transfer knowledgе