Technical Skills and Experience:
- Worked professionally in Ruby and Rails.
- Good understanding of OO principles and solid CS knowledge.
- A belief that it’s a ridiculous idea that a software developer would not use version control.
- Agile methodology experience (TDD/BDD/XP/Scrum).
- Experience using a testing framework as part of your work process, not as an afterthought.
- Knowledge of databases (PostgreSQL/MySQL) beyond changing database.yml to not use SQLite.
- Comfortable on the Linux/Unix command line.
- Knowledge and experience with more than one language a distinct advantage.
- Are you someone with a start-up attitude?
- Are you hungry, energetic, and multi-talented?
- Love coming up with better ways to do things?
- You speak up and have plenty of ideas but are interested in hearing other peoples too?
- You work hard, learn fast, and do whatever it takes to get the job done, but you know how to let your hair down on a Friday (or Thursday) night?
If so, we would like to hear more from you.
We look for great engineers. We list some technologies below that we expect you to have some knowledge or experience of, but fundamentally we look for people who are passionate about developing great systems. You need to love Ruby but if you are not a polyglot, you’ll be an exception in the team. We’re looking for people who will join us in building a global platform, who are looking to be challenged and who are able to embrace responsibility. We have major projects kicking off all the time and a very ambitious roadmap. Whatever level you are, we are serious about helping you grow in your career and in our commitment to TDD and XP practices.
In further detail, the Ruby Engineer will:
- Work across our entire set of subsystems and third party integrations.
- Work with the product team to deliver robust solutions.
- Participate in our process from writing code, reviewing pull requests and continuously deploying.