- Solid grasp of CS fundamentals
- A true Polyglot, efficient in or happy to learn Ruby.
- An advocate of Engineering best practice - you document things clearly and test your code, you frown at people who don’t do this
- An interest or experience in microservices and/or event-driven architecture
- A collaborator - you are happy pairing and believe that working together is better than working in a silo.
- Testing - you believe in testing your code to within an inch of it’s perfectly formed life
- As part of our GDPR project you will enjoy working with excellent test coverage, microservices, Kafka and Vault. You will be also focusing on tackling the following challenges:
- How do we build a low latency, high availability and scalable platform ready for global roll out
- How do we effectively transition from a monolith to a microservices/event-driven architecture
- How do we build scalable infrastructure to collect data for real time analytics and risk modelling