Scala Software Engineer
- OOP and Software design
- Scala/ Java or other OO languages
- Developing high-quality enterprise software
- Good spoken and written English
- Continuous improvement
- Advocating Agile with good knowledge of Scrum/ Kanban working practices
- Any of the following is also great:
- Knowledge of AWS, Cloud Computing and NoSQL
- Knowledge of Web Services and micro-service architectures
- A fanaticism for clean code!
- Passion and understanding for TDD, paired programming and other agile practices
- Practical experience with continuous delivery
- A mastery of git!
- We also like a solid educational background, so a good degree in Computer Science or related subject would be great!
- Participate effectively in all aspects of software development process
- Support production systems as required
- Work closely with Team Leaders, Team Members and Customers on issues related to design and requirements.
- Reporting upwards to Team Leader so they are well informed of the work currently in development.
- Actively contribute to the process of continual improvement, with regard to self, team and systems.
- Ensure that all software developed satisfies all business requirements as specified and adheres to all development standards, policies and procedures. In particular, that all code is developed in line with Ocado security best practice guidelines.
- Be prepared to work on different projects and/or rotate through teams according to business needs and/or agreed development objectives