As a Senior DevOps Engineer you’ll be a key component of a team delivering quality software. You’ll contribute to the technical conversations and ensure that what we build is best in class and fit for purpose. You’ll report to a Principal Engineer and will help him/her deliver on the technical strategy; interacting, communicating and collaborating with the engineers based in London and Bulgaria to maintain the end-to-end service delivery cycle by providing guidance and support to The Sun teams to enable them to release code continuously and confidently.
YOU’LL FIND THESE SKILLS USEFUL IN THIS ROLE:
- AWS and cloud systems (S3, EKS, CloudFront, CloudWatch etc)
- Experience of creating Bash scripts from scratch
- Experience of CircleCI
- Mentoring team members to improve their DevOps/AWS knowledge
- TDD using testing frameworks such as Jest, Mocha and Cypress
OUR IDEAL TEAMMATE:
- You are a keen advocate of DevOps methodologies and have a desire to assist in a move to a DevOps culture by encouraging your peers to constantly improve.
- You’re a true engineer with a passion for well crafted and tested code, considering everything from architecture and security to performance.
- You understand agile methodologies and enjoy collaboration.
- You have a continuous improvement mindset and are proactive in driving positive change, encouraging those around you to do the same.