We are seeking a highly qualified and talented technologist to join us as a member of our Risk Technology team. Technology within Risk is split into two areas: Engineering and Applications. The Engineering team within risk is responsible for building industry-leading systems to generate, analyze, and report on streaming and historical data to enable quick decision-making by our risk team, management team, and global portfolio managers.
YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO SOMETHING BIG:
- The Senior Java Engineer will be responsible for helping deliver solutions that automate and optimize the risk management process in domains such as stress testing, equity multi-factor risk models, instrument and portfolio analytics, large-scale data management, risk decomposition, and VaR.
- You will also participate in expanding platform capabilities based on rapidly changing business requirements.
- The ideal candidate has a mindset of creatively applying the best modern technologies to help solve business problems.
OUR IDEAL TEAMMATE HAS/IS:
- Expertise with Java and SQL
- Experience with design and architecture
- Experience with messaging systems (Kafka preferred)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong ownership experience and a track record of delivering results
- Expertise with Python development
- Experience implementing a microservices architecture handling streaming data
- Experience in financial services
Experience and knowledge of:
- Cloud services such as AWS
- Cloud data warehousing or technologies such as Redshift or Snowflake
- Distributed compute technologies such as Apache Spark
- Containerization and orchestration tools such as Docker and Kubernetes