Smart Pension is dynamic, exciting and diverse. Pension companies in the past have been slow to adapt to new technology and methods, but with Smart Pension we're changing the world of Pensions and to keep up with it, we look for people who are happy to operate in an ambiguous environment, people who bring ideas to the table but above all, people who deliver software. We look to move forward at pace and we are upbeat and passionate about making things successful!
We are excited by new ideas, different ways of thinking, diverse backgrounds and approaches. We run hackathons where in 24 hours anyone can build and present new ways of thinking to the senior management team! Test new technologies, try new ideas - we're excited to get your ideas out to the world!
YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO SOMETHING BIG:
- Develop new user facing features
- Engineering a better code base with your team
- Work within a smaller 8–10-person agile engineering team, part of a wider Engineering organisation
- Work on tickets assigned to you, this includes writing code and specs (tests) and checking that new code passes other test coverage
- Review Pull Requests from other developers
- Work in a collaborative, agile team environment
- Be awesome at what you do best, code!
- Occasionally pair with other Engineers - we have pairing machines
- Help design solutions
- Supervise more junior member of the teams
OUR IDEAL TEAMMATE HAS/IS:
- Around 4 years of significant commercial experience with Ruby, working in a Ruby on rails environment
- Deep understanding of object-orientated programming
- Desire to work with Domain Driven Design
- Love to work using TDD
- Understanding of relational database (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Understanding of web design patterns
- Previous experience working in a company scaling up is useful, but not essential
- Most importantly, a desire to learn, grow, working with an amazing team and deliver software