This position is for an experienced Service Desk Consultant with an emphasis upon Infrastructure, Systems and Application Administration within a rapidly growing Cloud Services organization that specializes in Enterprise Content Management. The position requires operation of service desk procedures to monitor, service and maintain critical systems by reactively processing service desk requests and proactively monitoring and manage systems.
More specifically, the focus of the Cloud Services offering is to provide ECM Software as a Service to organizations within a variety of industries. The SaaS offering is provided upon the AppTier Private Cloud (leveraging VM Ware), Microsoft Azure, and Hybrid Services platforms. Accordingly, Service Desk Consultants assist with the service, functional and content assurance of the systems within the offering and provide systems and application administration.
This position, based in Sofia, Bulgaria, would serve as part of a broader, diverse and global infrastructure cloud solutions team that provides mission critical and 24 x 7 infrastructure assurance services. This position and role would also contribute to cloud business continuity and data assurance solutions including components such as Backup (e.g., Veeam, Datto), Systems and Resource Monitoring (VROPs, Infra and App Monitors, etc.) and Application Maintenance (following, generating and enhancing written procedures).
YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO SOMETHING BIG:
- Service Desk Operations (receiving, classifying, routing and service desk requests)
- Assist with triage and investigation of issues; escalate to additional offshore team if necessary and usher item to resolution.
- Responding to system alerts and notifications
- Follow Run Books and enhance work procedures as necessary (produce written scripts)
- Infrastructure Administration upon Virtual Private Cloud, Azure and AWS cloud platforms
- Virtual Center Monitoring and Resource capacity
- Proactive and reactive platform administration
- Network and application utilization monitoring
- Metrics gathering and summary; Management of Application Monitoring
- Investigative analysis / optimization and tuning of platform
- Provisioning and augmentation of Server Elements (in respective platforms)
- Firewall and Load Balancing Configuration
- Develop documentation and reference deliverables
- Develop and Document Protocol, Policy, and Provisioning / Maintenance Procedures
- Support Database Administration and Server Administration tasks
OUR IDEAL TEAMMATE HAS:
- Experience and knowledge of service desk operations to receive, classify, route and manage requests through completion.
- Experience and knowledge to perform reactive/proactive systems administration and management functions that adhere to written procedures.
- Experience with Windows Server and Application Administration.
- Experience and capabilities of infrastructure elements such as VMWare Virtual Center, and/or Azure, and/or AWS operations are preferred.
- Experience and familiarity with Microsoft SQL Databases and infrastructure components (e.g., web and application servers) are also preferred.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with Systems Infrastructure
- Knowledge / experience of service desk operations; IT Request Protocol
- Direct experience with Server Administration (Windows Server)
- Direct experience with Applications Administration
- Knowledge of Windows server operating system, Web Infrastructure, Relational Databases (Windows Server 2016, IIS, Apache Tomcat, MSFT SQL)
- Proven track record of working in a production support environment
- Good written and oral communication skills, particularly documentation skills
- Service Desk Operations / Run Book Protocol (knowledge of Service Desk Protocol / Procedures)
- Demonstrated experience of addressing and closing service desk requests (tickets)
- Operating in an autonomous and self-managed capacity while maintaining productivity
- University educated in a technical-related discipline (Computer Science preferred)
- Infrastructure certifications (e.g., Microsoft Azure)
- 3 – 5+ years of experience in an infrastructure and systems administration capacity (Tier 2 or Above)
- Service Desk Escalation Management / Operations
- Experience or exposure to Virtual Center, Microsoft Azure, or Amazon Web Services
WHY JOIN US:
By joining us you will enjoy unparalleled opportunities to a rewarding & diverse career path. Here are some of the perks you will also enjoy:
- 25 Days Paid Leave
- Supplemental Health & Dental Care
- Competitive Remuneration Package
- Exceptional Social Package & Special Discounts
- Innovative & Agile Teams
- Challenging Projects & Leading-edge Technologies
- Friendly & Supportive Atmosphere
- Socially Responsible Company
- Tech & Soft Skills Training
- Team Bonding Events
- Fruity Afternoons & Beer Thursdays
- Excellent Office Location & Facilities & a wonderful terrace
- Relaxing & Gaming Areas
- Free Bike Parking & Showers
Learn more about the tech stack and team culture here.