PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The driving force behind the world’s leading platform for small business lending is our engineering team. We are a diverse group from more than 25 different countries and cultures who bring together a wide range of backgrounds and experience (from music to aerospace engineering).
We are focused entirely on using technology to provide the best experience for our borrowers and investors. We are doing this by building elegant, sustainable, and scalable solutions that can be applied globally. We work in small agile teams practicing continuous integration, TDD and are no strangers to pairing as we believe that working together is smarter than sitting in silos.
- Become part of the up-and-coming FinTech sector by working for one of the most promising technology-intensive companies in the industry.
- Write applications that are the backbone of Funding Circle business: from managing the loan lifecycle, handling payments to reconciling Funding Circle books and records.
- Be part of a team that works together to design, code, and test solutions. Your voice will be heard at all stages of software development.
- Deliver innovation through software to automate processes that enable Funding Circle to operate at scale.
- Work with the latest technologies in distributed systems, Kafka, functional programming languages, AWS systems and infrastructure and more.
- Collaborate with the brightest people in the industry in the US, UK, Bulgaria and other countries.
- Become part of a dynamic, employee-oriented, fast growing company that is fun to work for.
- See your work in production delivering benefits to our customers around the world and to Funding Circle.
- Apache Kafka
- Apps written in Ruby, Clojure
- Postgres DBs
- Various big data platforms
- Mesos, Marathon and Kubernetes
OUR IDEAL TEAMMATE HAS:
- Excited to learn from some great engineers
- Pair programming mindset
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- An interest in Functional Programming, Distributed Systems or Event-Driven Architectures
WHY JOIN US:
By joining us you will enjoy unparalleled opportunities to a rewarding & diverse career path. Here are some of the perks you will also enjoy:
- 25 Days Paid Leave
- Supplemental Health & Dental Care
- Competitive Remuneration Package
- Exceptional Social Package & Special Discounts
- Innovative & Agile Teams
- Challenging Projects & Leading-edge Technologies
- Friendly & Supportive Atmosphere
- Socially Responsible Company
- Tech & Soft Skills Training
- Team Bonding Events
- Fruity Afternoons & Beer Thursdays
- Excellent Office Location & Facilities & a wonderful terrace
- Relaxing & Gaming Areas
- Free Bike Parking & Showers
Learn more about the tech stack and team culture here.