Questers is a leading tech hub that empowers IT professionals to advance their careers through strategic collaborations with prominent companies from the UK, Europe, and the US. We build dedicated teams in Bulgaria for leading tech businesses in various industries. Our present client base includes the group behind some of the most powerful media brands in the English-speaking world, leading FinTech companies, multi-billion-dollar US hedge fund, social media platforms and a variety of scale-ups rapidly expanding their software services and products.
About the team:We, at Funding Circle, want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here. We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them. So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £11.4 billion to 100,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending supported 135,000 jobs and contributed £10 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join! Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
- We are focused on using back-end technology in an event-driven and scalable architecture to provide the best experience for our borrowers and investors. We are doing this using Clojure, Kafka, AWS, Ruby/Rails and Postgres.
- We work in small agile teams using several best practices including continuous integration (Circle CI),TDD and pairing.
YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO SOMETHING BIG:
- Working on a Funding Circle critical system as part of an agile cross-functional team
- Building data models, APIs, and business logic services
- Delivering innovation through software to automate processes that enable Funding Circle to operate at scale
- Supporting our production systems
- Proactively problem-solving, identifying and confidently mitigating any risks, issues or control weaknesses that arise in your day-to-day responsibilities
OUR IDEAL TEAMMATE HAS/IS:
- Experienced in at least one major programming language. We use Ruby, Clojure and Python so these would be preferable, but not essential
- Fundamental programming skills (data structure, algorithms)
- Knowledgeable of functional programming
- Knowledge of Agile, Scrum, BDD, TDD and CI/CD
- An interest or experience in Distributed Systems or Event-Driven Architecture
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
THE COMPANY OFFERS:
- 25 Days Paid Leave
- Supplemental Health & Dental Care
- Competitive Remuneration Package
- Exceptional Social Package & Special Discounts
- Innovative & Agile Teams
- Challenging Projects & Leading Edge Technologies
- Friendly & Supportive Atmosphere
- Socially Responsible Company
- Tech & Soft Skills Training
- Team Bonding Events
- Fruity Afternoons & Beer Thursdays
- Excellent Office Location & Facilities, and a wonderful terrace
- Relaxing & Gaming Areas
- Free Bike Parking & Showers